EIKEN CHEMICAL CO., LTD. ("EIKEN") has established the following policy regarding protection of personal information handled by EIKEN ("Personal Information Protection Policy") in accordance with the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" in Japan.
Acquisition of Personal Information
EIKEN will only acquire personal information through legally appropriate and fair means.
Utilization of Personal Information
EIKEN handles personal information within the scope necessary for the purposes of its operations and the achievement of the purpose of use'as follows. Unless the two parties have so agreed in advance or if permitted by law, EIKEN shall not use the personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
1. In the case of personal information regarding a physician, dentist, pharmacist, clinical laboratory technician, nurse, pharmacy, drugstore, medical or pharmaceutical researcher or other medical professional, or of a user of products for patients or participants in clinical trials (including past and expected future users of said products):
(1) To provide and collect information regarding the appropriate use of drugs, medical devices and other products manufactured and/or sold by EIKEN
(2) To provide and collect information regarding the quality and safety of drugs, medical devices and other products manufactured and/or sold by EIKEN
(3) To provide, collect and analyze product-marketing information regarding status of use, form of use and user needs
(4) To provide, collect and examine information regarding EIKEN's operations, including academic information
(5) To conduct clinical trials, post-marketing studies and other surveys and research regarding EIKEN's operations
(6) To provide submissions and reports based on laws and other norms
(7) To provide the personal information to third parties within the necessary scope to execute the above actions
2. In the case of personal information regarding Company business partners, such as product wholesalers, product material vendors and product manufacturers; lenders and others holding rights with respect to EIKEN; and lessors (past or present):
(1) To fulfill duties or exercise rights based on this contract and related credit relationships, or to respond to same
(2) To provide and collect information regarding this contract and related credit relationships
(3) To form new contractual and credit relationships
(4) To manage transaction histories
3. In the case of personal information regarding Company debtors; lawyers, certified public accountants and other consultants of EIKEN; other contractors related to Company operations or persons with credit relationships to EIKEN (past or present)
4. In the case of personal information of persons related to the neighborhood, private organizations or other stakeholders
(1) To receive or respond to contacts, consultations, investigations, negotiations, provision of information or dissemination of publications regarding public relations
(2) To operate joint projects or to receive contacts, consultations, examinations, provision of information or dissemination of publications regarding same
5. In the case of personal information regarding persons who access EIKEN's advertising website in connection with consultation or inquiries
(1) To respond to or otherwise contact the Individual regarding said access
(2) To manage access histories
6. In the case of personal information of shareholders (past and present)
(1) To fulfill duties or exercise rights based on the Companies Act or other laws
(2) To send materials for distribution to shareholders
(3) To implement various measures to ensure smooth relations with shareholders
7. In the case of personal information related to prospective employees
(1)To examine and decide whether to hire the Individual
(2)To provide the Individual with information regarding EIKEN, its employment practices, its decision on hiring the Individual or other information, or otherwise to contact the Individual
8. In the case of personal information of directors or employees (past or present) or families thereof
(1) To contact or exchange information with the Individual regarding operations, assign personnel appropriately, evaluate personnel or develop their skills, manage attendance, pay wages and salaries, deliver employee benefits, ensure safety and hygiene, and otherwise manage labor
(2) To contact or provide information to labor-management conferences, health insurance societies, pension and benefit funds, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and the like
(3) To contact the Individual and send publications regarding alumni meetings and other friendly get-togethers
(4) To submit information and reports to government administrative offices, organizations in which the Individual participates, or the like
(5) To send company newsletters or other publications, or to contact the Individual in case of emergency
EIKEN uses as data solely for Company-internal use in improving service, except in the following cases.
In the event of danger to the life, limb, property or other rights or interests of the individual to whom the personal information belongs ("the Individual") or of a third party.
In the event of danger to the rights or appropriate interests of EIKEN.
In the event that a national agency or local public body, or a person acting under contract to same, requires the cooperation of EIKEN to execute said person's duties as stipulated by law, and obtaining the consent of the Individual may obstruct the execution of said duties.
Management of Personal Information
In handling personal information, EIKEN appoints a person responsible for management and exercises the strictest care to prevent the unlawful use of personal information. EIKEN implements necessary and appropriate measures for safe management to prevent unlawful access to and the leakage, outflow, damage or loss of personal information.
In some cases, to improve service to customers, EIKEN may contract some duties to outside contractors. In such cases, the contract concluded with such contractors includes provisions stipulating the necessary protection of personal information and the duty of necessary and appropriate measures for safe management.
Disclosure to Third Parties
EIKEN does not disclose the personal information it acquires to any third party except in the following cases.
The Individual agrees to said disclosure.
The disclosure is in accordance with the law.
The disclosure is required to protect the life, limb or property of a person or persons, and it is difficult to contact the Individual to obtain consent.
The disclosure is particularly required to improve public hygiene or promote sound education for children, and it is difficult to contact the Individual to obtain consent.
A national agency or local public body, or a person acting under contract to same, requires the cooperation of EIKEN to execute said person's duties as stipulated by law, and obtaining the consent of the Individual may obstruct the execution of said duties.
The disclosure is provided in a way that does not permit identification of the Individual.
The disclosure is made to a contractor that has concluded a confidentiality agreement with EIKEN in advance of the disclosure, and the scope of the disclosure is the minimum required for the contractor to fulfill the objectives of the contractor's contract with EIKEN.
The disclosure is in response to an inquiry from an affiliated company of EIKEN, or EIKEN judges that the disclosure is appropriate.
Inquiries, Corrections, Deletions
When the Individual makes an inquiry regarding, or requests the correction or deletion of, the Individual's own personal information, the Company shall respond promptly to said inquiry or request within a reasonable scope, upon confirmation of the Individual's identity.
Please note that the Company accepts no responsibility for the collection and management of personal information on external websites linked from the Company's website.
Changes and Notifications